Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Brings A Bargain!

Welcome to my favorite local thrift shop!

San Juan Capistrano, CA       more info here


What the bargain is:  Black transferware cache pot (possible lid missing)   

What it depicts:  Cocks, Birds of Peace and Bunnies

Where it was made:   Japan or China or ?  (see the mark below)

What makes it a bargain?  I paid:   $4.50


Spring Brings A Bargain!


View 1


View 2           Bird of Peace near top edge





















Cock  (one of 4)

Bunnies or, Hares ?
Japanese (?) mark


Hey, wait a minute ......
Are those rifle barrels poking out of the bushes?

Are these Fighting Cocks? 


 Is this a rare depiction of a historic battle found in a Grimm's Fairy Tale?  (or, "Ancient Chinese Mystery"?)

Please weigh in with facts you have that will help solve many of these questions.


Cheers!   Linda   :-)

2 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Love this little pot. What a find! Wish I knew anything about that kind of thing. It's perfect for your daffodils!

    I just read the eggshell post. I am looking forward to seeing how that comes out!

    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and white planter! Great find and I hope you got a wonderful deal on it!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Your comments are the interaction I look forward to while writing my posts.
Cheers! Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...